We at Completethelist.Wordpress.Com want to list “50 ways to annoy your mother-in-law without her knowing your intentions.” We have found that there is a great need for those desperate to even the score. We need your help to complete the list…we’d love to hear your suggestions, just submit your answers at the comments box.
1. If she calls to let you know she’s coming over to your house, hurry and put on a bath robe and wet your hair. Act shocked to see her when she arrives.
2. Ask her each time you see her, “Are you feeling okay? You look like you have a cold or something.”
3. If she has photographs, or artwork hanging on the walls, pretend that you are straightening a few each time you go to their place when really you are making them lean just a little to the right or left.
4. Always use a coaster when having a drink, only use an obvious favorite magazine as a coaster.
5. If you see a partially completed crossword puzzle, say “Oh I love crossword puzzles” and fill in all the wrong words.
6. Move book-marks a few pages ahead of where they’re placed.
7. Several seconds after she’s gotten into the bathroom, knock on the door impatiently saying, “Please hurry, I really need to pee, I’ve got to go bad, when are you getting out?”
8. Offer to put away her washed dishes, only put them in the wrong places.
9. When meeting them at a restaurant, always arrive 10 minutes late.
10. Offer to pay for everyone’s meal, then when the waiter arrives say “We’ll all just have water, thanks.”
11. Make sure not to feed the kids before you go over so that they constantly beg her for food.
12. Bring a carton of boiled eggs with you and when she isn’t looking, switch them out for her fresh ones.
13. Just before you leave, open the fridge and put a dot of black food coloring into her milk container.
14. Always feed her asparagus so that her pee stinks.
15. Send her a Happy Birthday card and pretend it was from Patrick Swayze.
16. Pick ear wax out of your ears and find creative places to wipe it in her house.
17. Buy her cheap art several times a year. Tell her that you were thinking of her when you bought them.
18.(Adrienne) If you happen to have a small dog, take it with you to MIL’s home; only make sure it hasn’t pooped in a day, and find a way to “accidently” allow him to do his business on her fave rug……then laugh innocently and say, “Fluffy only poops where he has smelled sh** before, that’s STRANGE…” she will get the hint if she has been badmouthing you lately.
19. (Adrienne) If you really [can't stand] your MIL you could show your secret displeasure of her by flushing a few thick old socks down her toilet, flush until it overflows, and run to her claiming her toilet isn’t working properly. Or you could just let her find it that way later…heehee.
20. (Annoyed) Tell her you know she has been selling your daughter’s clothing behind your back.
21. (Haha) Sign her up for AARP!! They send junk mail all the time AND sell your address to ALL types of other businesses!
22. (SoThatsHowItIs) Keep telling her how much you love her son and how much he loves and looks after you. If she really likes you then this will make her happy, if she secretly hates you, this will DRIVE HER NUTS! It’s a win win!
23. (dixie511) if your MIL is selling something like (Mary Kay) sign up for it and then a couple of weeks later tell her that selling isn’t your thing and sign up for Avon the same day and bring a book by and put it on her door step.
24. (kris1980) When you’re visiting your MIL, go switch her diet pills for laxative pills they sell to elderly people with serious bowel problems. She won’t be inviting you for the next few months or so.
25. (Lish) I leave random nursing home brochures in her house.
26. (Rayven) When ever your MIL calls you answer the phone exasperated and when she ask what’s wrong, explain in detail how wonderful the sex was with your husband, when she ask you to stop, say that’s the same thing you tell your husband when he gets rough! She will be very disgusted! And eventually stop calling!
27. (Warren) Take your other MIL on holiday with you and your family.
28. (Becky) Start cleaning her house the second you get there, even if its already clean.
29. (payback is hell) Send her a snarky greeting card – the more back-handed and insulting the better.
30. (it works bothways) Steal an apology.
31 (IHateMyMIL) Put laxatives in her milk.
32. (Barbiegirl) Order a special Tshirt as a gift that says “I love my Daughter-In-Law/I love my Son-In-Law” with a huge picture of your face on it.
33. (Laraylia) Bake for her, but put the wrong ingredients in the batter (have paprika flavoured cupcakes and chocolate prawn crackers).
34. (lordfarquad) Defecate on her pillow.
35. (Zaf) Urinate around and on the toilet seat in her house. She will go nuts.
36 (Sprites) Text naughty, sexy things to your spouse while she’s around. When she asks “what’s so funny?” say, “oh, nothing.”
37: (HollyHu) Boil an Egg and unshell the egg. Then place it in the main room she stays in but it a hidden place. It will make a a funky smell.
38: (HollyHu) Pee on her toothbrush, when she isn’t home.
39: (HollyHu) If she is a blond and uses that blond shampoo (that is actually a purple or blue color), slip in some temporary (same color) hair dye. She can’t get too mad because she wont know what happened and it will eventually come out with more shampoo washes.
40. (Tuddy) Hook your MIL up to your wireless network at home, then as soon as you leave the house change your network key… Absolute BLISS
41. (Victoria Alcock) I use a trick from a tv show. Instead of saying’F*** off, I say ‘Thats nice’. She has no idea which I mean, she watches the show its from, but thinks I dont. The confusion is funny revenge.
42. (Christy) Switch her conditioner with nair
43. (Kaye) Create an outdoor decorative swivel sign that is stocked with flowers that your mother in law is allergic to – others with scents she dispises, or plants she cant stand etc…The sign could read on one side “Friends welcome!” The other side, “Relatives by Appointment Only”…I guess its a passive aggressive way to get a little payback.
44. (Karen) When she phones your house, Ask who is calling. If she says her name prompt her for a surname. Do it every single time.
45. (Raed Gheith) If your mother-in-law talks too much, always offer her some potato chips and soda before she begins flapping her lips. Potato chips contain salt and makes the mouth run dry. Give her soda for a drink, and say you have nothing else. The carbonation and ingredients in soda will further dehydrate her. She’ll eventually stop talking
46. (Shosho) Open up her dreasser drawers and stamp your foot on all of her undergarments. I bet that will make you feel great!
47. (This could be your comment)